Born in 1926 in Ljubljana. He graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana (his professors were F. Mihelič, G. A. Kos, B. Jakac, R. Debenjak, N. Pirnat, and S. Pengov) and finished his postgraduate studies at the same Academy (under Prof. Gabriel Stupica). He mastered his artistic skills during several study visits around Europe, among them in 1958-59 in the renowned J. Friedlaender's atelier in Paris. From 1969 to 1973 he lectured at the painting department, and from 1973 to 1984 at the graphic department of the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana. In 1979 he was a visiting professor at the Fine Arts Academy in Mons, Belgium. Since 1980 he lives and works in Slovenj Gradec.